We are happy to announce our new Ketone breath Meter(KT005) for People on Keto Diet
Health is a great concern for most of us. Many of our modern diseases originates from our diet. Many struggle to lose weight. To lose weight or use a ketogenic diet for therapeutic in treatment of type 2 diabetes, epilepsy, cancer etc .. a lifestyle change that gets your body into ketosis might help.
Does Your Diet Work?
- Making a lifestyle change like "eating low carb" or "taking a walk after meal" ... does it work?
- How do you know if your changes really increase your metabolism?
Monitor Your Results.
- KT005 measures your breath for ketones and you will instantly know how much your body use fat as fuel.
- An instant response on how your lifestyle changes affects your body's use of fat.
- A good indicator of your success is when you get a testing results fro 10-39 like the following picture.
KT005 Mems Sensor Ketone Breath Meter built in 1000 mah Li ion Battery
KT005 Breath Ketone Meter
How does ketone breath meter work?
While on a ketogenic diet, the restriction of carbs leads to the body utilizing fats for fuel.
Acetoacetate can then be converted to the other two ketone bodies, acetone and BHB (b-hydroxybutyrate).
Breath ketones (Acetone) is spontaneously released when fat is metabolised into ketone energy.
B-hydroxybutyrate is measured by using blood meters, while acetone diffuses in the lungs and can, therefore, be measured by testing exhaled breath.
A ketone breath meter is a device which measures the amount of acetone in your breath.
The more breath ketones, the more fat is metabolised into energy. Breath samples are non invasive and can be done many times throughout the day without extra costs.
This makes your ketogenic diet journey way more enjoyable.
Ketone breath meter works like this:
- You breathe into a tube that measures certain elements on your breath. In this case, acetone—which is also responsible for making your breath stinky in ketosis.
- The higher your score, the deeper you are in ketosis and the more successful you may be on the keto diet.
- Research has shown that breath acetone is a reliable indicator of ketosis in people who consume low-carb meals. Whether it's your first time trying out low carb diet or you are deeply into ketogenic diet, a ketone breath meter can be a handy tool.
Ease of use
- Ketone breath meter is the easiest and most convenient to use. Perfect when you cannot pee on a stick or you are on the go. Simply blow some air into the device, and you get accurate results within seconds.
- Probably the biggest downside with blood meter is that for every measurement you need to prick your finger. If you don't like blood then it can be a dealbreaker. Also this process requires quite clean environment.
- Most breath meters are small size , so it fits perfectly into your pocket and you can test your breath ketones anywhere and anytime.
- With any meter, you must take the total price into account – the price of the meter itself plus any additional fees for continual use.
- If you go for a blood ketone meter, you’d usually spend about 50-100$ on the starting kit, and then about a dollar per strip for each additional testing. And if you want to test your ketones 2 or 3 times a day, you can see how the total cost can pile up quickly.
- Now, with breath ketone meters, there is no additional cost. but you just buy them once and use them basically forever.