What is Breath Acetone? 2022 Magical Alcohol Device
Types of Alcohol testers
What is Breath Acetone? The breath acetone works by sensors that measure the level of alcohol-containing substances in the air. When a person drinks alcohol, it spreads through the blood to all parts of the body.
Furthermore, this includes the lungs, and already from them, the alcohols remain in the air, which the driver exhales. Similarly, sensors divide into several types.
- Semiconductor (they have the lowest accuracy), deviations in the accuracy of readings up to 20%.
- Electrochemical (most accurate data), error - up to 0.01 ppm or no more than 10% of the final result.
- Infrared, photometric (do not lose their functions over time, this is why they compare favorably with the first type), the error of the breath acetone is up to 10%.
All devices are available with or without a mouthpiece.
Important! Devices without a mouthpiece are considered less accurate, as some of the exhaled air is then dispersed, and it is not possible to determine the exact level of ethanol.
What is Breath Acetone? A breath acetone with a mouthpiece is a contact option; here the user takes a plastic tube on his lips and blows into it. Moreover, the air does not scatter and the results are more accurate. For hygiene reasons, the kit may contain several replaceable plastic tubes.
How does the breath acetone work?
The instructions for the device give an understanding of how to use a breath acetone of one type or another, but in general, the process is quite similar.
- The device turns on by means of a special button.
- Moreover, the mouthpiece connects.
- Furthermore, the person being tested breathes into the tube until a double beep comes.
- The processor calculates the amount of ethanol and displays the result on the screen.
What is Breath Acetone?
On a note! Depending on the device, the designation of the indicator may be different - in ppm, mg / liter, fractions of a percent.
As mentioned above, the principle of operation of the breath acetone comes on determining the amount of ethanol in the air that the subject exhales. Breath Acetone Based on this, it is possible to find out how drunk he is, when he drank alcohol, as well as how much alcohol remained in his blood if drinks comes on the eve of the trip.
When air enters the device, the sensor transmits a signal to a special processor, which carries out specific final calculations. Moreover, the sensors themselves analyze the air in different ways:
- electrochemical monitors the reaction of reagents to the ethanol contained;
- semiconductors analyze the amount of heat released as a result of a chemical process that begins when the body contains alcohols;
- Similarly, infrared captures ethanol vapors.
What is Breath Acetone? Below is a table with blood alcohol content and possible body reactions.
|Breath acetone readings in ppm||Intoxication||Symptoms|
|0.3-1.5 ppm||Easy||Talkativeness, arrogance, fits of anger. Decreases attention, angle of view, color perception may change.|
|1.5-2.5 ppm||Average||Nausea, dizziness, weakness, unsteady gait. Most often it is accompanied by high spirits and self-confidence, which causes thoughts about the safety of the trip.|
|2.5-3.5 ppm||Heavy||Vomiting, inability to orientate in space, death.|
It is worth noting that 3.5 ppm is considered a lethal dose for humans. What is Breath Acetone? Depending on the type of device, the designation can be displayed in numerical values, the screen color changes (green, yellow, red); the arrow on the table indicates the result.
Important! Before agreeing to be tested, a motorist should know that Russian legislation allows 0.365 ppm, which is equivalent to 0.16 ml / liter. In Europe, 0.8 ppm is considered a permissible value.
Why the breath acetone can give incorrect readings?
There is a situation in which a police officer stops the driver and offers him an alcohol test. What is Breath Acetone? The car enthusiast, fully confident that he is not in danger, because he really did not drink, agrees to the test, and the breath acetone shows that there is ethanol in the blood.
It is important to know that some drinks and foods can cause a similar reaction and give a false result, and in addition, some people have a slightly higher indicator for health reasons. To avoid misunderstandings and erroneous punishment, you should know what can trigger a tester's reaction:
- soft drinks (kvass or beer);
- pharmacy products containing alcohol;
- sweets with alcohol (tests were carried out, and the result showed that four sweets leave a mark, it completely disappears only an hour after ingestion);
- Furthermore, kefir or yogurt;
- raisins or grapes, which can cause stomach fermentation;
- Ina ddition, black bread, overripe bananas, oranges, desserts;
- regularly common inhalers;
- a cigarette can add two hundredths to the final result.
In addition to the above, Breath Acetone The following reasons may affect the readings of the breath acetone:
- increased temperature of the test person;
- hereditary deviations from the norm;
- evaporation of paints and varnishes;
- temperature at the place where the test carries out;
- some types of diseases (diabetes);
- not calibrated tester.
What is the calibration for?
Breath acetone calibration is a mandatory procedure for models that have multiple uses. Laboratory studies have shown that each test on any type of tester affects the state of the sensor, reducing its sensitivity.hat is Breath Acetone? This moment indicates in the description of the device.
Another nuance shows that the tester can fail and start showing inaccurate data if saliva is deliberately placed in it or tobacco smoke exhales. As a rule, the instructions indicate the service life of the breath acetone, as well as when it is necessary to adjust the sensitivity of the sensor or carry out its complete replacement.
Some models have a self-diagnostic function and are able to indicate the need for calibration.
Models with a semiconductor sensor require testing and replacing the sensor after 200-300 checks, provided that professional devices are common 20-30 times a day, and individual ones - 2-3 times a day.
What is Breath Acetone? If the frequency of use is significantly less, then the breath acetone must come under testing once a year. Professional models should be under special metrological services after every 500-1500 uses. Similarly, it depends on the frequency of daytime use.
SZEEK is a company that specializes in manufactur-ing high-precision breathalyzers. We are the top manufacturer of breathalyzers in China. More